Saturday, September 17, 2005

8-15-05: Cam joins the team


Cameron Verinsky resting on the way up.

After spending a week with his grandparents in Grand Junction, CO Cam joined us for our final week. We rented a cabin in Estes Park, CO so we wouldn't have to deal with a camping or paying out the nose for a hotel. Lyn and I were little hesitant about Cam being able to do the difficult hike up to the boulders but he did great! We took it slow and took a break half way.



Lyn on Tommy's Arete, v7

While Lyn tried Tommy's Arete, I tried the Automator, v13 (just for fun) and Cameron played Game Boy. Every day Lyn is figuring out new beta and looking stronger and stronger on Tommy's. There is an evil move at the end where you have to be very precise dynoing into the narrow crack. It's a low percentage move. It's a good thing the opening moves are so fun!


Raza sending Deep Puddle Dynamics, v9 (photo by Cam!)

Cam liked the Game Boy of course but was also enjoying being in the park. We even talked him into putting down his Game Boy long enough to shoot some pictures of Lyn and me on Deep Puddle Dynamics. He did a great job for his first time with our fancy digital camera.


Cameron playing in an outlet of Lake Haiyaha

I wanted to try European Human Being some more since I managed to get some linkage the last time I tried it. While I tried it, Cam (in a brave act of courage) put down his Game Boy and played in the nearby lake.


Raza "trying" European Human Being, v12

Unfortunately for me, I was not having as much success on my project as Cam was jumping from log to log. I'll blame it on the weather since it was about 15 degrees warmer than the last time I tried it.


Cameron hamming it up on the hike down

Cam was running towards me with a smile until I turned the camera on him. Our little thespian.



Nymph Lake and Bear Lake, RMNP

With climbing on the mind all the time it's sometimes easy to forgot how beautiful everything is. We walked past this view every time we walked down.

-Raza

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home